Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thing 11

I usually use Google.com to search for stuff. Home page is Google.com, so it is just easiest for me. All the search tools I have used are pretty user friendly and easy. So really, none were that confusing. I played around and found that the FoodNetwork has a feed. I added that I think as I search around more and when I go to sites I usually go to, I will look for the RSS feeds and add more in the upcoming days.

I tried to get to Feedster, but it kept giving me an error that the page wasn't found. So next I went to Topix.net. I found this one to be very confusing. It wasn't set up so that I could really read it easily. I didn't stay on that site for very long. Too much nonsense type info. So then I went to Google Blog Search. Much better! Very organized and easy to understand. You can type in anything like when you are Googling and the blogs appear, along with the RSS feeds and blog urls. I found houses for sale, news about my town, sports in my town, (I googled my town, obviously), stores...all sorts of stuff. I also noticed that sometimes, those blogs may be listed, but the actual blog isn't there anymore. I found one blog that a person did about their garden. All sorts of pictures, what she was doing in her garden that day, how hot the day was, etc. Pretty interesting. There was a picture of her house on one of her postings and I know where it is because I recognized the house!

I will be playing around on Google Blog Search more often!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

When you mention a website in your blog, try creating a link to it. Just highlight the text and then click the link button. It will let you put in the URL so that your readers can check out those sites with just one click. Your readers don't have to see the URL just click the word.
It would look like this:
MISD 23Things