Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing 18 Social networking

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1352964359

This is really not my thing. First of all I feel way too old for this (myspace, facebook, etc). I created an account in facebook, but I just don't feel comfortable looking around. I think these sites are great for students to keep in contact, but when it does not arrive until your 42 it is a little late to hook up with old friends. I would be very hesitant to use this in the classroom, but would let students know about it so they could explore on their own time. Face book seems a little more geared towards older people, while myspace is untimately for the young. I could see how this would be beneficial for a select group of people working on something together or for communicating with someone overseas, but again not my thing.

No comments: