Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing 16 Getting organized with web 2.0 tools

The start page I chose was PageFlakes. I really liked this and yes, I did make it my home page. I found it was really simple to use and to change and I am all about simplicity!! Online calendars are cool, but I don't know if these are for me. I am a pencil and paper girl and like to carry a calendar around with me so if I create something that requires me to do double time I am not that crazy about it. The to do lists are too much work, again it is neat to explore that stuff, but I like a piece of paper and a pencil.

For school I like the PageFlakes. Students can set up their own home page and have some ownership of the computer. It might encourage them to read more about what is going on around them as well.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Great point on the personal productivity tools. The online calendar tools and to-do lists for personal use are often too much effort without the benefit and you're right people often go back to the simpler low tech solution.

We found at http://www.qlubb.com (where I work) that people like to use online calendars and shared to-do lists when there are multiple people involved - because the Internet then gives you that necessary shared place to coordinate things.

Regarding pageflakes - how do you compare it to my.yahoo.com?