Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing 23 Creative Commons

An example that shows Learning 2.0-23 things blog was based on someone else's work was evident in the credits on the welcome page. It clearly tells one what this is based on and who created it. I think this copyright thing is very important. It is only fair that one would get permission before using another persons work. A lot of time and hard work are put into creating some of this very neat stuff and the proper credit should be given. I don't think I or anyone realizes the process one must go through to get permission nor the very small things one would need to get permission for. I am glad I know about the Creative Commons, it makes this process a little bit easier. I will definitely use this before showing videos, putting up home made posters, using bits of quotes, etc. Good thing to know.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Please email me at dswartz@mesquiteisd.org
ASAP